The Community KIDS Philosophy
We aim to provide a high quality, culturally responsive early learning service for our tamariki, whanau and community based on Te Whāriki, the NZ curriculum.
THE COMMUNITY KIDS VISION
Our vision for early learning within our community is captured in our name Community K.I.D.S.
Knowledge: To grow in KNOWLEDGE.
Identity: To value our culture, language and IDENTITY
Discovery: To explore the world around us through DISCOVERY.
Success: To celebrate our SUCCESS.
1. We value education by empowering the best teachers to deliver a responsive curriculum based on Te Whariki, the New Zealand curriculum
2. To grow in the knowledge of self, others and relationships.
3. We value each child’s culture, language and identity by celebrating the similarities and differences within each diverse community.
4. To explore and discover new things everyday about ourselves and the world we live in.
5. We celebrate success for each child and their whānau by recognising their amazing achievements and milestones.
6. Our aim is to best prepare our children for a positive transition into compulsory schooling